‘The Sexual Violence Liaison Officer Model: Sharing the Learning and Enabling Progress’
10th of December 9.30am until 4pm at Woburn House, 20 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HQ
This Conference provides the opportunity to share learning about tackling sexual violence within universities and improve the response to students and/or staff members who report sexual misconduct through the development of the Sexual Violence Liaison Officer (SVLO) or Sexual Violence and Misconduct Liaison Officer (SVMLO) model.
This Conference will bring together a range of universities who have already adopted the SVLO or SVMLO model to explore how they have embedded SVLOs or SVMLOs within their structures to enable a consistent approach to supporting those who have experience sexual misconduct. It will provide an excellent opportunity to learn how SVLOs and SVMLOs have improved the current capacity of universities to respond effectively and responsibly to sexual misconduct. Learning from their experience, this Conference also provides universities who have not yet adopted the model – or are thinking about adopting the model – with an excellent opportunity to hear directly about the strategic and practical implications of adopting the SVLO or SVMLO model.
SVLOs or SVMLOs are uniquely placed to offer advice to students and/or staff members about the relevant policies and procedures in place at the university. They provide support to the reporting student/staff member to make informed choices about their options relating to their education/work and other aspects of their university life. SVLOs or SVMLOs can also ensure that reporting students/staff are aware of the support available to them in the community, whether specialist sexual violence support or other mainstream services to meet their wider needs.
“Sexual Violence Liaison Officer (SVLO) roles are downplayed, overlooked and underestimated. University and institutions call it doing their job, but I call it saving a life.” University Student, 2018
LimeCulture’s newly developed Sexual Violence Risk Assessment Tool for use by universities will be launched at this Conference, enabling universities to robustly identify, monitor and manage risks to the reporting student/staff member, reported student/staff member and the wider university.
We are delighted to be presenting this year’s LimeLight Awards at our inaugural SVLO Conference. The LimeLight Awards are being introduced for the first time for qualified Sexual Violence Liaison Officers (Sexual Violence & Misconduct Liaison Officers in Scotland) working in universities and HEIs with the aim of acknowledging the outstanding contributions and achievements of individual SVLOs/SVMLOs, SVLO/SVMLO Teams and SVLO/SVMLO Managers. LimeCulture are keen to celebrate the excellence, dedication and commitment to supporting victims of sexual violence demonstrated by SVLOs and SVMLOs through their work.
There are 3 LimeLight Awards:
- Award for an individual SVLO/SVMLO
- Award for a SVLO/SVMLO Team
- Award for a SVLO/SVMLO Manager
Shortlisted nominees will receive a FREE place, for more information visit our LimeLight Awards page.
LimeCulture Community Interest Company (CIC) is a specialist sexual violence training and development organisation that has been established to improve the competence and confidence of frontline professionals (and their agencies) working with victims of sexual violence. LimeCulture developed the SVLO and SVMLO models in 2016/17, which have now been adopted by over forty universities.
Why should you attend?
You will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from senior leaders exploring the benefits of different implementation models for SVLOs or SVMLOs
- Share expertise with likeminded colleagues
- Learn about how other universities operate
- Hear from legal experts on issues surrounding anonymity and disclosure
- Learn how to assess and manage risk effectively, using a newly developed risk assessment tool
- Discuss how to improve SVLO or SVMLO services through collaboration
- Hear from SVLO and SVMLO services working on the Quality Standards Supporting Male Victims/Survivors of Sexual Violence
- Celebrate the success of SVLOs and SVMLOs working across the UK through the Limelight Awards
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from professionals with specific expertise relating to responding to sexual violence including legal experts Farrers & Co, LimeCulture, UUK as well as current SVLO and SVMLO providers from universities across the UK.
Who should attend?
This conference will be useful for all university and HEI staff who have responsibility to respond to sexual violence. Relevant job titles include:
- SVLOs (Sexual Violence Liaison Officers)
- SVMLOs (Sexual Violence and Misconduct Liaison Officers)
- Director/Head of Student Services
- Director/Head of Human Resources
- Director/Head of Sport
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer/Manager
- Head of Student Conduct and Appeals
- Director/Head of Student Support & Wellbeing
- Community Liaison Managers/ Community Engagement
- Director/Head of Student Counselling
- Director/Head of Student Wellbeing
- Head of Security
Date and venue
This event will take place: on the 10th of December 9.30am until 4pm at Woburn House, 20 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HQ
We have a range of sponsorship opportunities available at this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information