If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
We are holding a Consultation Workshop on Wednesday 19 July (10am-12noon) in London and we are inviting providers of support services for male victims/survivors of sexual violence to join us to discuss the development of quality standards for services supporting males. To book a place at the free workshop please click here.
LimeCulture is working in partnership with Male Survivors Partnership to develop quality standards for services for male survivors of sexual abuse, rape and sexual exploitation.
Funded by a grant from the Lloyds Bank Foundation for England & Wales, a two-year project, which started in May 2017, will see the development of new quality standards which will be rolled out nationally across the UK.
The project involves
- A comprehensive review of existing service standards consulting with experts in the field, service leads and commissioners while listening to the views of males who have accessed support about what works.
- Design and trial of standards resulting in an agreed framework for services supporting males that will be rolled out across the UK in early 2018.
- During 2018, the project will trial an accreditation process to sit alongside the quality standards, supporting up to 10 organisations to meet the quality standards and reach accreditation by 2019.
For males who have experienced sexual violence these new standards and the accreditation process that goes with them, will give a layer of reassurance about the quality of the services they are accessing at a time when they are feeling most vulnerable.
To support the standards development we are consulting with services currently supporting male victims/survivors in order to:
- Gather information which will enable us to develop standards which are fit for purpose and address the quality expectations of services supporting male survivors,
- Seek provider views on the scope of the standards and what the quality standards should include,
- Provide details on opportunity for future engagement including survey of male victims/survivors who have accessed services and quality standards accreditation and monitoring trial.
For more information, please contact Dedicated Project ManagerTom Leavesley (Tom.Leavesley@limeculture.co.uk)