LimeCulture is delighted to be hosting a free Knowledge & Network Event for providers of support services for victims/survivors of sexual violence on Wednesday 17 July 2019 in central London (12noon-6pm).
Places have been funded by the Home Office as part of our Spreading Excellence Project, which aims to improve the capacity of the sexual violence sector, particularly the voluntary sector, through improving knowledge and awareness of local commissioning arrangements.
Local commissioning arrangements are increasingly important for the sustainability of the specialist sexual violence sector and it is vital that service providers recognise – and can respond to – the opportunities that local commissioning arrangements can provide.
This major event will be chaired by Dame Vera Baird, the newly appointed Victims’ Commissioner for England and Wales, and provides a unique opportunity to focus on improving the provision of sexual violence support services through engagement with local commissioning processes.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from policy leads about the direction of travel for commissioning sexual violence support services,
- Share expertise with likeminded providers,
- Learn about how local commissioners operate and the differing roles and responsibilities for the range of local commissioners,
- Hear from service providers who have been commissioned to deliver vital support services for victim/survivors in their area,
- Increase the opportunity to positively engage with local commissioners by ensuring the expertise of the specialist sexual violence sector is understood and valued,
- Identify solutions to improve responses and raise service standards for victim/survivors,
- Discuss how to improve service delivery through collaboration and partnership working.
This Knowledge & Network Event is suitable for Managers, Senior Leaders and Trustees of (commissioned and un-commissioned) services providing:
- Counselling and therapy services
- Independent Sexual Violence Adviser (ISVA) Services
- Helplines & advisory services
- Support Groups (such as peer support)
- Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCs)
- Online support
- Any other support service for victim/survivors of sexual violence.
This event will also be useful to local commissioners who can learn about how victims/survivors are supported in other areas through the commissioning process.
The Knowledge & Network Event will start at 12noon and finish at 6pm to allow for easier and more cost-effective travel to central London. There will be plenty of opportunity to meet and network with other service providers, commissioners and policy leads, as well as the opportunity to hear and contribute to panel discussions made up of speakers representing service providers, commissioners and policy leads. There will also be interactive group sessions to discuss key themes relevant to service providers wishing to engage with local commissioning processes.
Maximum numbers will apply due to the venue restrictions, so early booking is suggested.
To book your place at the Knowledge & Network Event please complete the booking form here
For further information, please email Spreading.Excellence@limeculture.co.uk